We have collected the most commonly asked questions that we receive. Do not hesitate to call or email the Camber College office if you have any other questions. We will be happy to assist you.

What is the weather like in Powell River?

Powell River enjoys a mild west coast climate. It is rarely too hot or too cold. Snow is extremely rare.

How can I get to Powell River?

Powell River is located 174 kilometers north of Vancouver.

By airline, Pacific Coastal Airlines flies directly from the South Terminal in Vancouver to the Powell River Municipal Airport.

By bus, the Sunshine Coast Connector operates from Vancouver to Powell River.

By car, if you are driving here the trip can take five hours, and you will take two ferries. BC Ferries run from early in the morning to the evening.

Our travel advisors are ready to help you find the best route for you. Do not hesitate to contact us for travel assistance.

Do I need a visa to come to Canada?

International students who wish to study in Canada may need a visa depending on the country from which they hold a passport. Camber College does not decide who needs a visa and who doesn’t. The Canadian Government decides who needs a visa to visit, study or work in Canada. For more information, please visit the Canadian Government website.

How do I enroll in a course?

Register today! It’s easy to complete our online enrolment form.
If you would like to apply with an agency, please email one of our marketing staff to assist you, depending on where you live:
Europe: clas(at)
Japan: hiromi(at)
Korea: korea(at)

Can Camber College assist with my flights?

Flight tickets are usually not included in the course price, but we would love to help you with your travel arrangements. Our travel advisors are ready to assist you. Please use the contact form to reach us.

Do I get a diploma or certificate when I finish?

Yes. Students who complete their classes and attend at least 3 months receive a Certificate of Camber College. Students may also get additional references if they complete the Camber College courses successfully.

How much does it cost to come to your school?

The costs of studying at Camber College depends on the course and the level of study you choose. Your tuition fees are payable before you begin study. You can use this website to find more information about the courses that interest you.

What happens if I cancel?

Please check our refund policy for details under Conditions of Enrollment.

How many students from my country go to your school?
We are very proud of the international blend of students that we have at Camber College. We celebrate all cultures and learn from diversity. We find ways to communicate our cultural heritage. We are open minded, reflective and caring about all cultures. For up-to-date nationality ratios, please contact us via hello(at)

Does Camber College arrange activities?

Yes. Surrounded by nature, you will have the chance to discover one of the most beautiful cities in Canada. Camber College has an Activities Coordinator who arranges after class and weekend activities. Our programs are a combination of English study with sporting, social, tourism and cultural activities.
Are there other accommodation choices besides Homestay?
Yes. You can rent a room. However, we highly recommend to stay with a Homestay Family. The Homestay Program is a great opportunity to learn about Canadian culture and practise English as part of a local family.

How can I do laundry in the Homestay?

Host Families may offer to do your laundry once a week and free of charge. Alternatively, they will allow you to use their washing machine. If you need assistance in using the washing machine, please ask your Host Family as they will be more than happy to assist you.

How can I go to school from my Homestay?

Powell River has a city transit system, providing regular bus service throughout the area. You will pay different price for transportation depending on how far you are travelling. Zone 1 is within the city limits and priced at $2. for adults and college students, $1.75 for seniors and students. Zone 2 is for travelling to rural areas outside the city limits and is priced at $2.50 for adults and college students, $2.25 for seniors and students. Zone 3 is for travel from Texada Island to within the city and includes the ferry fare at a price of $6. for adults and college students, $2.75 for seniors and students.
Should I apply for medical insurance in British Columbia?
You must have medical insurance during your stay in British Columbia. We can assist you with these arrangements. Please contact us for more information.

Can I get a job in Canada?

You must have a valid work permit to work in Canada. For more details about work permits, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Camber College
4750 Joyce Avenue
Powell River BC
V8A 3B6
+1 604-485-5115
hello (at)

© Copyright Camber College 2022
All rights reserved.
Designed by Catfish Creative